The Women in Legal Leadership Network (WLLNet) is a global initiative launched from Brisbane, Australia in 2016 to encourage and support women in leadership positions as barristers, in law firms, law schools and in-house legal departments in government, profit and not for not-for-profit organizations. Find out more here >
We are delighted to welcome our amazing international and local faculty to the Institute. The opportunity to share in their extensive experience in working with lawyers in Asia, Australia, Europe, New Zealand and the Americas promises to be inspiring and informative. Find out more here >
Who should attend the WLLNet Institute?
The WLLNet Institute is an executive education program over 2.5 days which is taught in residential mode.
It is for women barristers, law firm partners and in-house lawyers in Asia Pacific, Australia and New Zealand who have held a leadership position for at least one year.
With the guidance and support of experienced workshop leaders and coaches, the Institute encourages participants to reflect on their leadership capabilities, identify areas of focus moving forward and use the templates, checklists, plans and other tools provided to them to assist them in achieving their goals. Participant numbers are strictly limited to 35 and will be registered on a first come, first served basis. Early bird registration closes on 31 August 2016.
The Institute will be facilitated by highly experienced, international and local faculty who have worked extensively in the legal industry in Asia, Australia, Europe, New Zealand and the Americas. The depth and breadth of experience of this faculty in a event of this type is unprecedented.
If you are a woman barrister or leader of a law firm or legal department, this is one event you should not miss!
WLLNet Institute Key Takeaways
The Institute will support participants in realising the following key takeaways:
- Joining a unique opportunity to build connections and share experience with other women lawyer leaders in the Australasian legal community
- Creating and knowing how to implement your customized Leadership Plan
- Making great decisions that support and advance your career
- Understanding the differences between leaders and managers and why that matters
- Developing your potential as a leader for “new normal” legal practice
- Identifying and navigating gender politics
- Identifying, understanding and leveraging your strengths as a leader
- Building relationships that matter with colleagues, your team and potential sponsors
- Using what you learn to become a mentor, sponsor and coach to others
- Creating and knowing how to implement your customized Relationship/ Business Development Plan
- Understanding how to personalize your brand, why it matters, and how it influences your impact as a leader
- Knowing how to lead and manage difficult conversations and conflict
- Projecting authentic leadership, confidence and credibility as a trusted business advisor
- Becoming a founding member of a global initiative focused on the advancement of women lawyer leaders
Please refer to the WLLNet Institute Frequently Asked Questions
We gratefully acknowledge our Sponsors & Supporters
Ready to Register?
This will take you to the WLLNet Institute Registration and Payment Page.